The Committee for an American Guyana urges American and Guyanese people throughout the world to support closer ties between Guyana and the USA. Our ultimate goal is an American Guyana.
- We provide and encourage a forums for open debates and discussions of the political status and future of Guyana;
- We provide speakers for activities sponsored by other political organizations and local community groups;
- We participate in radio and television programs associated with Guyana, and Guyanese-Americans;
- We create and disseminate educational materials that promote the cause of an American Guyana;
- We maintain this website in order to promote the concept of an American Guyana;
- We provide assistance to the people and organizations in Guyana that are actively engaged in promoting Statehood for Guyana.
We have the enthusiastic support of teachers, students, religious organizations, sports associations, community organizations, community leaders, elected officials, jurists, artists, writers, musicians, entertainers, shopkeepers, small business owners, newspapers, Web sites, radio shows, and thousands of individual Americans and Guyanese who strongly believe that US Statehood or Commonwealth Status or some kind of legal incorporation into the United States for Guyana is a dream that must come true.
What You Can Do
- Volunteer to help The Committee for an American Guyana!
- In Guyana, tell your family, friends, business associates and political officials, regardless of party affiliation about www.GuyanaUSA.org and urge the political party of your choice to be resolute and unequivocal in their total acceptance of an American Guyana petition to be submitted to the US Congress in the near future.
- In the USA, email your Senators and Representatives and ask for their support for an American Guyana.
- Get your local civic, political and religious group to adopt resolutions in support of an American Guyana.
- Volunteer to help with activities in support of an American Guyana.
- Invite a speaker from The Committee for an American Guyana to address your local civic, political or religious group.
- Become a member of The Committee for an American Guyana.
- In Guyana, get your local official to submit legislation in the “Parliament” in support of an American Guyana.
“An American Guyana” must be included in the platform of every political party in Guyana. A referendum on the issue must be held in Guyana as soon as possible.
When the goal of statehood or American Commonwealth is achieved, the people remaining in Guyana would be safe and secure. Furthermore, they would be free in their lives, and able to pursue liberty and happiness as set forth in America’s Declaration of Independence and Constitution of the United States, upon which it is based!